I had my first craft party last night (more on that later) and it was so awesome! I gave all of the ladies these cute teacup candles. They are so easy to make and are the perfect gift. I’m thinking they would make cute favors for a bridal shower or even as decoration at a wedding reception. Now one thing about these candles…I made them from candles I already had on hand!
- 2 bamboo skewers
- pot (preferably a candle pot)
- Using old candles that you have already, coarsely chop them.
- On low heat, slowly melt the candles. I found a sugar cookie candle melt from the Dollar tree that I added in for a scent. It smelled wonderful!
- While your candles are melting, tape/hot glue the wick to the teacup.
- Tape your 2 bamboo skewers together at both ends. This will help the wick to stand up straight.
- Once your candles have completely melted, slowly pour the wax into your teacup.
- Allow the wax to firm up completely. I let mine sit overnight.
- Remove the bamboo skewers and cut the wick to desired length.