I had my first craft party last night (more on that later) and it was so awesome! I gave all of the ladies these cute teacup candles. They are so easy to make and are the perfect gift. I’m thinking they would make cute favors for a bridal shower or even as decoration at a wedding reception. Now one thing about these candles…I made them from candles I already had on hand!
- 2 bamboo skewers
- pot (preferably a candle pot)
- Using old candles that you have already, coarsely chop them.
- On low heat, slowly melt the candles. I found a sugar cookie candle melt from the Dollar tree that I added in for a scent. It smelled wonderful!
- While your candles are melting, tape/hot glue the wick to the teacup.
- Tape your 2 bamboo skewers together at both ends. This will help the wick to stand up straight.
- Once your candles have completely melted, slowly pour the wax into your teacup.
- Allow the wax to firm up completely. I let mine sit overnight.
- Remove the bamboo skewers and cut the wick to desired length.
Need a way to freshen up your bulletin board? These decorative thumbtacks are exactly what you need! The best thing about them is that you can make them using knick knacks from around your house. I made mine using left over buttons. Plus, they’re so simple to create and take no time at all.
- buttons or some other knick knack
- glue gun
Simply glue the thumbtack to the back of your button. That’s it! I would love to see how you decorate using these thumbtacks.
I love Valentine’s Day! It’s my favorite “holiday”. I’m partly partial to it because it’s my birthday 🙂 But more importantly, it’s a day where everyone shows love. Doesn’t that sound so sweet? To get into the love mood, I will be bringing you 14 days of crafts, ideas, food (and whatever else that comes to mind) for Valentine’s Day! Because I can’t contain myself, I might throw in a few extra.