When I think of Valentine’s Day, I always think of chocolate covered strawberries. So, here’s a cute play on traditional chocolate covered strawberries.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
Step 1: Wash and slice the strawberries in half.
Step 2: Slide a toothpick through 2 strawberry halves to form a heart.
Step 3: Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second integrals.
Step 4: Dip strawberry hearts in melted chocolate.
Step 5: Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second integrals.
Step 6: Drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberry hearts.
On my quest to find creative Valentine’s food, I found this awesome recipe for mini cheesecake bites. Can you say delicious? They were so yummy. I couldn’t eat just one! It was more like 5!
You have to try this recipe!
- 1 8 oz Package of Low Fat Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 graham crackers
- 1 tbsp softened butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line mini-muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a mixer cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add lemon juice and egg.
- Mix until well-blended.
- In a sandwich bag, crush graham crackers.
- Add butter in small increments until mixture is sticky.
- Spoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of muffin tins.
- Top with cheese mixture.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- While cheesecakes are baking slice strawberries in half and cut a “v” in the top to create heart shape.
- Immediately after removing cheesecakes from oven, press strawberry hearts into the top of each cake.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
My kids attend a small private school and I was trying to find a gift to give all the teachers without breaking the bank. Cakes in a jar immediately came to mind. They are super easy to make and super tasty as well. You can make any kind of cake in a jar. I chose strawberry short cake – my favorite.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Muffin pan
- Pint size mason jar
- Cake mix
- Sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream (not pictured)
- Ribbon, stickers, or anything else to decorate your jar
Bake your muffins according to the box. I like to add in half water/half coconut milk for a fluffier muffin.
Cut the muffin into three parts.
Place the muffin top (the rounded piece) in first. Add a layer of strawberries, then a layer of whip cream.
Repeat step three until you have filled the mason jar.
At this point, you can add a personalized tag or tie a spoon to the jar for extra decoration. I was in such a hurry to make 12 of these that I didn’t take a picture of the final product 😦 … Next time.