Here’s another tutorial using an old t-shirt.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- an old t-shirt
- glue gun
The steps to create this braided necklace/headband is very similar to my last post on the t-shirt necklace.
- Cut off the top and the bottom of the shirt.Cut the sirt into 9 strips.
- Pull on the strips to make them curl.
- Now here is where the necklaces differ…each strip has 2 seams. Cut them off. Take 3 strips and braid them. Continue to braid 3 strips until you have 5 braids.
- Take 3 braids and braid them together.
- Glue the ends of the large braid to the 2 smaller braids. Take an extra piece of cloth to wrap around the piece that you glued together. Glue it. Repeat this step on the other side.
Looking back, I would have only cut the strips on one side so that my necklace would be longer. But I have many more old t-shirts. I will try it like that one day.