I have been obsessed with making jewelry for the past 2 months. I love to switch up the necklaces and earrings that I wear. It’s nice to make my own versus spending a lot of money on accessories that I cannot afford. I’ve had my eye on a few Peter Pan collar necklaces. Here’s my version of a statement collar necklace.
I don’t have a step by step visual tutorial to make this necklace. Let me know if you’re interested in a tutorial. Unlike the other necklaces that I’ve made with regular felt, I used stiff felt to help this necklace maintain its shape. I bought all of the materials (felt, chain, jewels, buttons, and pearls) from Joann’s.
For this necklace you’ll need:
- Stiff felt
- Glue gun
- Jewels, gems, buttons, pearls, or any other embellishments
- Trace a semi-circle shape on to regular paper. Cut out shape.
- Repeat step 1 using the felt.
- Using the glue gun, glue your gems onto the felt.
- Glue chain to the back of the two felt pieces.